Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report sets out the debts which are recommended for portfolio holder write-off. It also provides details of the total amount of debt written off under delegated powers in the calendar year 2018.
The decision is that:
The following debts are written off:
1. Housing and Council Tax benefit overpayment debts totalling £135,274.57 as set out in confidential appendix 1.
2. Business Rates debts totalling £427,548.67, of which 40% or £171,019.47 is borne by this council, as set out in confidential appendix 2.
3. Property debts totalling £37,027.95 including VAT as set out in confidential appendix 3.
4. Sundry debts totalling £17,022.81 including VAT as set out in confidential appendix 4
The portfolio holder notes that the following amounts (summarised in section 3) were written off under delegated powers during the period January to December 2018:
5. £116,617 of Housing and Council Tax Benefit overpayment debts.
6. £91,840 of Business Rates debts of which 40% or £36,735.85 is borne by this council.
7. £359 of Property rents debts.
8. £66,296 of Car Parking debts.
9. £398,752 of Council Tax debts of which approx. 9% or £35,887.64 is borne by this council.
10. £12,605 of Sundry debts.
Publication date: 14/03/2019
Date of decision: 14/03/2019
Effective from: 22/03/2019