Venue: Committee Rooms 1 & 2 - Deanes. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Link: Video recording
Apologies for absence and substitutions
Councillor P Harvey was replaced by Councillor J Westbrook
Declarations of interest
Cllr M Westbrook declared that a family member was employed by the architect on application numbers 18/03200/HSE and 18/03201/LBC and therefore stood down from the Committee for those applications.
Cllr J Westbrook declared that a family member was employed by the architect on application numbers 18/03200/HSE and 18/03201/LBC and therefore stood down from the Committee for those applications.
Cllr D Leeks declared that the road on application number 18/03159/HSE backed on to his garden and therefore stood down from the Committee for this application.
To consider any items of business, other than those shown on this agenda and which, by reason of special circumstances to be stated at the meeting, in the opinion of the Chairman, should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency
The Chair read out a public apology from Mr Kingston in regards to his inappropriate representation of the Parish Council on application numbers 17/02666/FUL and 17/03708/FUL at the Development Control Committee meeting held on the 18th August 2018.
The Chair will move that the minutes of the meeting be signed as a correct record. The only part of the minutes that can be discussed is their accuracy.
The Minutes of the meeting held on 6th February 2019 were confirmed by the Committee as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
This report details the planning applications to the Committee for consideration and decision.
Contact Officer: Planning and Development Manager
Wards Affected: Basing, Baughurst and Tadley North, Bramley and Sherfield, Burghclere, Highclere and St Mary Bourne, Kingsclere, Tadley Central
The following Public Participation took place:
1. Application – 17/00103/FUL: Change of use from agricultural land to a green burial site with car parking area and creation of new access. Site:Land At 456656 155228 Ibworth Road Ibworth Hampshire
The Committee considered the report set out on pages 55 to 75 of the agenda together with the further material set out on the addendum sheet and other matters discussed at the meeting.
The Committee discussed the proposed application which resulted in mixed views.
It was generally felt that the proposal would be located in a tranquil and beautiful area and liked the sympathetic design.
The main area of concern raised was regarding the potential impact on highway safety at the junction of Hook Lane with the A339 from a funeral cortege.
However, it was acknowledged that the Hampshire County Council Highways Officer raised no objection to the proposal but requested that a condition was added for the submission and approval of a construction method statement and a condition that the number of funerals undertaken would not exceed one a day.
Some members thought that visitors to the Area of Outstanding National Beauty could use the parking for the site.
RESOLVED that: the application be APPROVEDsubject to the conditions listed below and for the following reasons.
Reasons for Approval
1. The proposal would conserve the biodiversity value and nature conservation interests of the site and as such the proposal would comply with the National Planning Policy Framework (July 2018) and Policy EM4 of the Basingstoke and Deane Local Plan 2011-2029.
2. The proposed development preserves the landscape character and scenic quality of the area and as such is considered to accord with the National Planning Policy Framework (July 2018) and Policy EM1 of the Basingstoke and Deane Local Plan 2011-2029.
3. The development would not cause an adverse impact on highway safety and adequate parking would be provided to serve the proposed development and as such the proposal complies with Policy CN9 of the Basingstoke and Deane Local Plan 2011-2029.
4. The proposed development would not result in an undue loss of privacy or cause undue overlooking, overshadowing, overbearing or noise and disturbance impacts to neighbouring properties and as such complies with Policy EM10 of the Basingstoke and Deane Local Plan 2011-2029.
5. The proposal would respect the environment for protected trees ... view the full minutes text for item 60/18